When I first registered to be in the class, I did not know what I was getting myself into. My expectation of yoga was nothing like what reality was. When I first walked into my yoga class, I thought that I would see a bunch of super skinny soccer moms in there. I thought that when I would go into this class being not in shape at all and being overweight that I would be judged and made fun of. When I walked into the class there was a large range of people there. Of course you had your typical super fit people in there but then you also had a bunch of other people in there as well who were just trying to look better and get healthy.
Being super unhealthy I knew that this yoga class was going to be super hard. I had already taken a few other classes with the yoga instructor before when she was the instructor for Pilates (Something else I struggled with).  She did not know my name by heart but she did notice me and said hello. She was excited that I was going to try yoga. The atmosphere was quite and calming. I was nervous because I am not used to such a calm environment. 
When the class first started, I was feeling better, I was looking around the room at all the different kinds of women who where there. Some were struggling with some of the positions that we did but some were regulars and knew what they were doing. I felt ridiculous doing some of the moves but I knew everyone else in the room looked just like me. Once the yoga class was over I was sweating way more than I thought I would. I did not think I was going to make it through the whole class but when I did I was super excited and super sore. I think I may try a different class next time though. I think that the class I was a bit to advanced for me. I think I am  going to look for a beginner class for next time.

Comments

  1. what class did you take and where was it? Who taught it? These things should be indicated with each reflection. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga as Physical Culture

The Studio as Ritual Space