Yoga as Physical Culture



I have participated in many different types of group exercises and believe me when I say that Yoga is hands down one of the hardest things I have ever done. I can see how some people think that yoga is not exercise do to the fact that you do not run or do crazy lifting but yoga makes you sweat like there is not tomorrow. I have never sweat so much in my life than these past couple weeks doing yoga. Even though it doesn't get your heart rate racing in ways that make you think you are going to die. Yoga still makes your body ache and sweat. Yoga can "empower" you to do things that you did not think was possible. When you are able to hold your own body weight in ways that you did not in a million years think was possible that is amazing. Yoga helps with breathing and calming you down as well. In my last few weeks of yoga, I have been able to make sure that I am staying calm more and trying my best. It is hard because when  I first started doing yoga, I was falling and did not want to do it anymore. I thought that I was just way to big to be participating in yoga and now it is getting easy. Yoga is an alternative way to lose weight and get healthier if you are looking for the physical aspect of yoga. There is not the powerful strains on your body and joints like in Zumba and in running.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Studio as Ritual Space